Poul Cadovius, Teak modular library wall unit
Teak wall bookcase composition "Cado" by Poul Cadovius, featuring:
- 4 panels (H: 241cm, W: 80cm)
- 1 sliding door cabinet with 6 drawers and 3 boards (W: 80cm x D: 46 cm x H: 51cm)
- 1 sliding door cabinet with 4 drawers and a hanging document holder (W: 80cm x D: 46 cm x H: 51cm)
- 1 glass cabinet with two glass boards (W: 80 cm x D: 22 cm x H: 56 cm)
- 1 rectangular open pedestal (W: 80 cm x D: 30 cm x H: 38 cm)
- 1 desk table (W: 80 cm x D: 54 cm x H: 37 cm)
- 5 small shelves (80 cm x 22 cm), 1 medium shelf (80 cm x 30cm) and 1 large shelf (80 cm x 38 cm)
Dim: W: 320cm, D: 46cm, H: 241cm.
Dim: W: 126in, D: 18,1in, H: 94,9in.
Condition Report: In good condition. Difference in shade from sunlight on wall panels consistent with age and use.
The Poul Cadovius modular system: a worldwide success
The modular system by Poul Cadovius (1911-2011), the famous Danish interior designer, is one of the greatest classics of Scandinavian design. Created in 1948, it is one of the very first wall systems proposing the new idea of not cluttering the floor. Indeed, Poul Cadovius works from the 1950s on a storage system that would provide maximum functionality while allowing to customize the atmosphere of each interior. He was looking for a modular system, easy to assemble, which offered many combination possibilities and did not clutter the living space. Poul Cadovius invented the "Royal" system: modular shelving with infinite combination possibilities from a set of standard elements.
The "Royal System" has been a huge success worldwide, due to its lightness and modularity to adapt to all interiors. Thereafter, he will conceive the "Cado" model that we propose you here. The principle has been taken up and by many manufacturers, but the "Cado" version of the "Royal System" of Poul Cadovius is the original model, of unequalled quality.